How Google Re-Marketing Works
September 13, 2018
So, what is Google AdWords (now known as Google Ads)? It is a powerful form of pay-per-click (PPC) marketing which shows targeted advertisements to users searching for specific products, services or using keywords. It tends to be used by online businesses worldwide and is one of the simplest forms of digital marketing.
How Does Remarketing Work?
It works by using browser cookies, these are small pieces of data which are used to track previous visitors, targeted ads can be shown to previous visitors to your site. So, for example, if someone visited your website and looked at a blue t-shirt, but left your website, the browser cookie would trigger an advertisement relating to the t-shirt and show it to the person who looked at it.
The main purpose of remarketing is to target people who have already demonstrated an interest in your website, in hopes that they come back to make a purchase.
Advantages of Remarketing
One of the more important advantages is that it’s cost effective and provides many other benefits, such as:
- Greater Brand Exposure – Remarketing exposes people who have already visited your website and with this increased exposure a potential customer is more likely to choose you for a specific product or service.
- Increased Conversions – The greater amount of brand exposure leads to higher conversion rates, by keeping your brand at the front of a visitor’s mind, increases your chance of making a sale.
- Increased Return on Investment (ROI) – Higher conversion rates will in turn mean that you achieve a return on your investment quicker, and at a lower per-sale cost.
- Better Targeting – Remarketing is useful as it can be used to target specific audiences and demographics.
- Cut Losses – By enabling you to re-engage with previous visitors, it provides you with a second chance to bring a potential customer back to your website and complete a sale.
Remarketing & SEO
By combining remarketing and an SEO strategy you can harness a powerful method of bringing leads back to your website to complete a sale – without a strong SEO strategy remarketing may not be as effective.
That is why at Blue Shark we provide a tailor-made SEO strategy specifically for you and your company. If you’re interested please get in touch with our helpful team who would be happy to help.
Let's work together
We are passionate about innovation, ideas and experience. Tell us about yourself and your project and we can start the ball rolling.