Should I Still have a Website if I have Social Media Accounts?
Posted on August 1, 2018
Social media is a great tool for marketing your business online, however, one topic that we see come up is whether social media is enough, and do you need a website to support your business?
Sometimes a company’s budget plays into why they don’t get a website, but here at Blue Shark we still believe that a website is needed for businesses and social media should be used as a part of marketing and engagement.
So, let’s start by talking about the advantages of social media platforms…
Social media is constantly used every day, whether that’s checking the latest news, keeping in touch with family or friends and seeing what your favourite stores are offering – we rely on social media a lot.However, from a business perspective, it is different. Instead there are targets, planning, strategy and updates, all to build an effective platform for your audience.
Free to Sign Up
- Unlike having to create a website, signing up to social media is free.
- Having a look at what other businesses are doing can be a great step to get an idea on what your business could be doing. Since larger organisations focus on social media engagement, they can help you come up with an idea of a strategy that could work for you.
- Within social media, the brand awareness can already be there, from profile image to banners.
- If you provide a great product and services, you’ll attract many happy customers who can leave good reviews, however, they can also leave bad reviews. And social media platforms are set up to not allow companies to be able to delete any bad reviews unless they have violated the terms and conditions.
But there are always some disadvantages, like:
- You can’t design the layout of a social media platform.
- You aren’t in complete control of what other users can post on your website.
- You must follow the rules and regulations of the platforms.
- Your reputation is on the line, as well as open to receiving messages from “internet trolls”.
- With websites you have all the creative freedom, and can open doors to many opportunities. Unlike social media, you are in control of what goes onto the pages, what can be changed and what the page design looks like.
- Depending on what your business needs and what your budget is, a website can work around it. A website can also last for years without needing to be changed.
- A website is the best way for a user to find all the information they need to know about you with ease.
We believe that it is important for a business to own a website, and we can fully design & build a responsive website to suit your requirements. Simply, get in touch and we would be happy to help you put your ideas in motion! We can also help set up and manage your social media platforms.