Top 10 UK E-commerce Websites
December 3, 2010
Our clients are always asking us; who are the biggest and best e-commerce stores in the whole of the UK? Well, here’s the top 10 and our comments.
1. Amazon UK – www.amazon.co.ukSeemingly always top of the pile, Amazon continues to strengthen its position as the place to go online shopping
2. Argos – www.argos.co.ukSurprisingly Argos sits above Play, proving that function is ultimately more important than presentation.
3. Play.com – www.play.comUsually the second stop after Amazon when looking for CD’s, DVD’s and Games, Play remains one of the big hitters in UK e-commerce.
4. Apple – www.apple.comHome of iPods, iMacs and iPhones, it’s no wonder that Apple with their design consious website are in the top 4.
5. Amazon.com – www.amazon.comThe same Amazon but this time importing goods from all over Europe and the USA. Could their high placing in this list be due to UK customers getting confused about which Amazon they wanted?
6. Tesco – www.tesco.comSelling everything from trousers to tangerines, Tesco remains the only one of the large supermarket chains within the top 30 (Tesco Direct is at 13 and ASDA 30).
7. Marks & Spencer – www.marksandspencer.comInterestingly the longest domain name on the list, Marks and Spencer can sometimes seem dated but is a well used and reliable store.
8. John Lewis – www.johnlewis.comClean, simplistic and always classy; the John Lewis website (ignoring some of the heavy Java it uses) can be a delight to use.
9. Next – www.next.co.ukA much improved recent redesign brings clothing retailer Next into the top 10.
10. Easyjet – www.easyjet.co.ukHome of the bargain flight, Easyjet’s site is easy to use unless you are on a mobile which can be extremely frustrating. Our top ten comes courtesy of the IMRG-Hitwise Hot Shops List – http://www.netimperative.com/news/2010/march/top-50-online-retailers-in-the-uk Get your business online with an eCommerce store from Blue Shark Design.
Let's work together
We are passionate about innovation, ideas and experience. Tell us about yourself and your project and we can start the ball rolling.