How Website Colours can Help Increase Conversions
August 29, 2018
Not only is the layout of your website important, but colours play a vital role in your website’s design. But it’s not enough to just choose what colours you personally like, it is also important to consider how different shades will affect your potential clients and conversion rates, so this is why it is important to pick colours carefully.
There are studies that have shown that it’s important to pick colours that suit the personality of your business.
Here are just some colours with their meaning:
- Tends to be linked to strength, warmth as well as excitement.
- Can create urgency, energy and increases heart rates.
- However, it can also be seen as dangerous and risk-taking.
- Tends to be a colour to express happiness.
- Can be used to grab a user’s attention.
- However, it is often used as a colour for caution and others claiming that it can trigger anxiety.
- Tends to be linked to the environment, good for gardens and for creativity.
- It is also the easiest colours for the eye to process.
- However, it can be linked with boredom and stagnation.
- Tends to be a colour that represents trust and security.
- Tends to be used by banks and websites with transactions.
- However, it can be viewed as too laid back and without a call to action.
- Tends to be used as a colour of luxury with a soothing, calm side.
- It is also often used in beauty and anti-aging products.
- However, it can be seen as immature and could also be linked to depression.
- Tends to be a colour used for sophistication and glamour, good for luxury products.
- Can also be seen as powerful and sleek.
- However, it can be seen as cold and depressing.
- Tends to create freedom, space and openness.
- Can also be associated with cleanliness and used when hygiene is important.
- However, it can be viewed as bland and boring if over used.
Previous studies have shown that bright colours are seen as the best for converting visitors to customers while dark colours tend not to succeed.
So, by applying these suggestions to your website, and choosing colours that reflect your brand it could potentially help you create the message you want to convey to visitors.
If you would like a second opinion, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and our design team would be happy to help your vision come to life.
Let's work together
We are passionate about innovation, ideas and experience. Tell us about yourself and your project and we can start the ball rolling.