Web Design Trends to Watch Out For in 2019
January 11, 2019
2018 may be over but that doesn’t mean it has to end there, a new year means a lot more design trends to come and plenty more to look forward to!
This year we have searched through the internet to find up and coming trends that we thought you may be seeing more of during 2019. We have provided our top 5 trends but there are plenty more to come this year!
- Fluid/organic Design – we have noticed that slowly we are diverting away from the typical straight lines and we are starting to experiment with fluid shapes and lines. When we say fluid/organic shapes we mean ones that aren’t your typical circle, square, rectangle or any straight-sided shape. By adding these organic shapes and lines, we believe it can make designs feel more approachable to a viewer.
- Nostalgic Aesthetics – from last year we can see that old is new again. 2019 seems like the perfect time to bring back old design elements with a hint of nostalgia, this can provide a juxtaposition between then and now.
- Holding Back the Colour – with all the choice of colour available you may think that you should use a lot of colour, but that’s not always the case, it may be best to hold back. That kind of constraint may help make your website more memorable or could help enhance it. Limiting your choice could help solidify your branding while adding constraints in terms of flexibility of design.
- Overlapping your Elements – having elements overlap each other can bring interest to specific content on the page. This could make your website seem interesting or unexpected as viewers have grown used to seeing items have their own space on a page. However, this could be difficult to execute as it may struggle to be viewed on a mobile phone if not done correctly which could have bad repercussions for you.
- Experimenting with Typography – coming up with something new and exciting with typography is something to be expected from designers. With coding becoming more sophisticated, it has become easier for designers to come up with new and innovated typography.
These are just a few of the design trends we are hoping to see more of this year, but that’s not to say they’ll become more popular! This year we want to try and provide more innovative and high-quality designs and gain more experience through our work with you!
If you have an idea for a website for you company or your new business, we can help you come up with something amazing! Get in touch with us today and we would be happy to help you!
Let's work together
We are passionate about innovation, ideas and experience. Tell us about yourself and your project and we can start the ball rolling.